I haven’t had much time for stitching over the last week. I’m hoping things will be calmer over the next week and I can get more stitching done.
Now that the roof is complete, it’s time to work my way down the back of the Pet Shop. The cat on the edge of the roof now has feet and a tail, so he is complete. I’ve been stitching the windows along with the beige walls so I can move across the whole space rather than just one window at a time. There are no curtains this time. With a little yellow light showing along the edges of the windows, I’m assuming the shades are drawn. The flower boxes below the windows are almost done and there are only 8 more rows of walls below the flower boxes to stitch to reach the end of the second floor on this side.
When I post this project again, I hope to have the entire second floor completed and be working my way down the bricks of the first floor.
Such a small project and it goes slowly. But I have finally finished the first window. I went around the window first by stitching all the bricks. Then stitched the cats and birds and filled in the background of the window. Then it was time to do all the backstitching to outline the cats and create the bird cages.
When I was reading again what color to use for the backstitching, I noticed that the word PETS on the shop door was supposed to be done in red. So I carefully picked out the black letters and restitched them in red. That looks better. Now to stitch all the bricks for the window on the right and then fill in the rest of animals in the shop. Here’s the whole piece so far.
I’ve had a few comments and emails asking about this design and designer so I want to add a link to Elli’s shop on Etsy so you can all see her work and learn more about her 3D Bright Sea Village. So click here. She’s just added a Fire Station to the series and another new piece will be added early next year. One I’m really looking forward to! (No, I won’t tell you what it is. LOL) I also have one of her miniature rug designs and will stitch it when I can find the time.
Okay, on to the new section. I’ve spent a little time each day trying to get some stitching done on this project. I now have the door completely stitched. And then decided I couldn’t wait until this side was done before I did some back stitching. So the door, steps, and planters have been back stitched and it really is looking good.
Today I started working on the brick wall to the left of the door. When the bricks are done I’ll be able to stitch the picture window on the left with all it’s detail – cats and birds. I’ll post again when I get that much done.