Tumak by Gitta – Progress 8

Not as much stitching time lately, so things are moving slower than ever. I have finished the motifs on the bottom right and turned the corner on the outer border. That was a goal a couple weeks ago. I did have everything outlined for that deadline, but getting them all filled in and doing the off-white background has taken much longer.

There are two small motifs that haven’t been filled in yet. I’ve decided to wait until the matching motif in the top right area is outlined and then fill in the two matching motifs.

I really need to work on this 5 evenings each week so I can get it completed. There are now two projects kitted up and waiting for me to start – one of my own designs and a Christmas ornament for the new granddaughter due in July.

Purple Heron by Melissa Shirley – Progress 5

It’s been a while since I worked on this, but it’s now getting some attention two mornings a week. And I’ve finally gotten the bottom border completed. The frog was stitched with rust and brown to help him stand out from the stems and leaves around him. All the borders are being stitched with Splendor silk.

I haven’t decided how I want to stitch the flowers along the left and right borders, but I can work on the background and the leaves. I also want to finish the gray border all the way around. That will make it easier for me to play with some stitches for the sky around the herons. I have a Waterlilies that has the same colors as the sky (white, lavender and yellow), so a light coverage is all I’m looking for. I have several darning stitches I want to try out.

Those things will keep my busy for a while. This won’t be back for 4-6 weeks and I hope I’ll have something to show you by then.

Norfolk Diligence Sampler – Progress 14

Page 5 in now finished! I did all of the rooftop for the manor house, even though part of it was on Page 6. It was just easier this way.

You can see that I have a LOT to do on Page 6, starting with the outer border. I’m hoping I can get it all of Page 6 done by this time next month.

There is a lot of backstitching to do on the manor house, but the instructions say not to do that until the entire manor house is complete. Onward!

Mini Train of Dreams – Progress 6

I usually do 2 columns at a time on this, but this time I did 2 and a half columns. This will finish Page 1 when I get the bottom half of these columns done.

The bell and the book at the top are done and the trunk is almost done. I’m excited about the bottom of the page – the train starts to appear next. You can see a little smoke now and the start of the smokestack already. The top 1,000 stitches only took 11 days (all that black at the top helped!).

This will be back before the end of the month with page 1 completed! There are 5 full pages and about 15 stitches on page 6.

Tumak by Gitta – Progress 7

My goal for this project last year was to get it half done. Now I want it done by mid-April. I’ve only work on it a couple evenings each week, so I’ll have to switch to working on it about 5 evenings a week to get it done.

Here’s where it was at the end of December:

Tumak 6

 

And it’s here today:

Tumak 7

The second large motif is done and I wanted it to look a little different from the other two. The middle is stitched with the overdye instead of the medium solid green and a darker rose in the center. I’ve completed two more motifs along the bottom edge and outlined a third one. The outer border is longer as well. Two more small motifs along the bottom edge and I’ll be able to turn the corner. That’s the goal for this week – two motifs and the border done along the bottom and the corner completed. The part that takes the longest on this project is filling in the off-white around every motif and border.

When this is done, I have a new project that’s ready to go. More incentive to get busy and complete this one.

Ghiradelli Square by Peter Ashe – Progress 2

This is Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco. I only posted about it once – in February 2014. Here’s what it looked like then:

Ghiradelli-1

I had stitched the top of the gazebo, the small wall above it, and the striped awning. I had a tiny bit of the tree done as well. Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve worked on it about 10-12 hours. Here’s where I am now.

Ghiradelli 2

I’m using simple stitches – mostly Basketweave, Slanted Gobelin, and Nobuko. And I’m keeping the threads simple too – no threads that need to be plied or laid. I’m using Vineyard Silk and I bought most of the colors right after I got the canvas. Any colors I’m missing are being pulled from my stash of Pepper Pot Silk. So far there are only two exceptions -one is the silver that I’ve started on the gazebo – it’s El Molino rayon and is the same thickness as the silks. I didn’t have time to finish all the silver on the gazebo this morning, so it will get done next Monday. The other exception is yellow Water n’ Ice for the light on the pole beside the gazebo. I don’t like how it looks right now, so I think I’ll pull it out and redo it.

That tree is taking forever – tiny leaf stitch that is stitched in every direction to get the branches done that stick out everywhere.

I want to finish all the parts below the steeple and then scroll up to work on the other half. I’m hoping to have this first half done by the end of the month.

I’ll take a break each week to work on the Purple Heron on Fridays and Saturdays starting this week.

Mini Train of Dreams – Progress 5

Four columns are now complete – only 28 more to go. LOL

Dream 5

Back up to the top again. I hope the bell at the top will be finished when the top of two more columns is completed. The trunk is looking good and I can’t wait for the train to start appearing on the bottom half of the these next two columns.

This will be back in another two weeks.