This first version of the Marrakesh Tile is complete. I did a double border like the often do with tile floors. The first row is the Cashmere Stitch done over 2 threads in dark gold #8 perle. The final row of the border is my favorite Scotch done over 4 threads in black, also #8 perle. I think this pattern looks good.
I always do a new coaster pattern in cotton threads. That way I don’t feel guilty about wasting good threads if it doesn’t turn out well. That isn’t the case here. I do like the way this turned out and will definitely do another version of it. And I’ll try a different tile border on it. The black squares on the outer border don’t show up very well. I’ll use colors more like the ones in the original photo of the tile floor. Maybe I’ll try some of those pretty new threads I got at Christmas.