The second Nose motif is now complete. The divider has a darker color, Cappuccino, with the Ahoy blue this time. This Nose version has a hole in the middle, so I created my own version of the Sprat’s Head. I used the darkest shade of brown to start the triangles, so you would be able to see the Nose easily in this first photo.
Then I needed to fill in the triangles. I used the same blue and brown from the divider stripes. I thought it looked a little dark, so I backstitched around the outside edge of the blue diamond with yellow. This is just enough to liven it up. You can also see the plain band that separates the various motifs. This one is dark blue with light brown.
Here is the rug so far – 7 inches completed out of 30. Next up is another plain band in a different color and the second of the zigzag motifs.