I finally finished the second zigzag motif. I forgot to put in the little separating band before starting the new motif, so I had to rip out what I had done the first evening. Then got back to work. The separator band is light blue this time. For the zigzag motif, I started with the dark blue, then added the small crosses in yellow. Outlining the yellow with Natural took quite a while.
Filling in the diamonds took three passes. First the dark blue again, then Latte, and finally light blue. Finishing the triangles, I used Cappaccino and then top-stitched with medium blue. These sections work up quickly and I finished last night.
The rug at this point is 9 inches in length. About a third of the rug is now complete and the full rug photo is below. Since this is on a scroll frame, I had to take the photo last night so I could take the time to roll the completed sections out of the way. So you won’t be able to see the whole rug for a while, unless I decide in the next week to take it off the scroll bars and put it on stretcher bars. That would be very large and hard to work with, so I can’t decide if I should do that or not.
Next up is the last motif I posted before actually starting the rug. I’ll start that tonight. Only 6 more inches to reach the middle of the project. Don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to see this completed!