Moroccan Pillow Update

The blue pillow is coming along, but it hasn’t been easy.

dsc_0300I stitched the little corners of the underlying square in medium blue using the Diagonal Mosaic stitch. I didn’t like how it looked – too light – so I ripped it out. Then I came up with the idea of doing the stitches that were over two threads in the medium blue and the stitches that are over one thread in the dark blue. This is easy to see in the photo above. When you back up a little, it gives more of a solid color look and is not as dark as the dark blue or as light as the medium blue. I like this better.

Then it was on to the background. Again, I didn’t like the stitch I had chosen and ripped it out. Tried a second stitch and ripped it out. Decided to wait a day or two to see if anything better came to mind. So now I’m stitching using a straight stitch over four threads and following the triangle shape from the underlying square.

dsc_0301I didn’t want the stitch to go in the same directions for the entire design, so I’ve stopped the background stitching at an imaginary diagonal line going from the corner of the top Milanese box up to the outer edge of the design. I don’t like the space where the two stitched white areas meet, so I will have to do something about that when it when the background is finished. I still have to add a darker brown border after the background is completed. Here’s what it looks like right now.

dsc_0299Not exactly as I had imagined it, but okay. Not thrilled, but okay.

Advertisements

2 responses to “Moroccan Pillow Update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s