This project is definitely a slower one. I finally finished everything for the first set – the orange set. The motifs have been added to the last two basketweave squares.
Then I started on the next set, which will be lots of blue and brown. I started the rectangular border with a much darker overdye. The second border is the darkest of the browns for this set. Since they take so long, I started on the first of the three basketweave squares using the lightest blue and a medium brown for the little border. All the borders in each of these sets will have Ecru as the lightest color in the overdye border and the basketweave borders. A little consistency throughout the rug.
I also started on the first of the pattern squares. The outline of the little diamond shapes is a little hard to see at this point, but will show up nicely when the dark brown background has been completed. Here’s the start of those two squares. Just a tantalizing taste, as so much more needs to be done.
We’re having company on Sunday, so housecleaning has taken over some of my stitching time. I’ll try to get these two squares done and posted on Sunday before company arrives, but I won’t make any promises. So far, this set appeals to me more than the first set. All that orange is typical of the area, but not my favorite. And the third set will be lots of greens. A very colorful project, to say the least.