The blue set has 4 of its 6 squares completed. Let’s look at the pattern square I just completed first. On the right is the original and below it is my adaptation.
I used the colors for this set and created a similar motif. I worked from the top and the bottom and found there wasn’t room for the little boxes in the middle so I had to improvise. Above the light blue sets, I used about half the number of little boxes as the other rows. For the dark blue, I filled in the entire area that was unstitched. In the areas where there was too much space, I divided the area into two sections of six stitches and then put a small straight stitch across the place where the two sets met. I didn’t like the canvas showing through.
I’ve also worked on the border. The border along one side is completely done and I’ve started the separation band before the next section. I’m hoping to get a lot done over the next few days and complete this blue section by Monday. We’ll see.
The last photo is a little dark, but I wanted you to see the whole rug as it is today.