I’ve made some stitching progress. And I’ve been rethinking a couple of things.
First – progress. I’ve been working on the third insert. Here’s a photo of the original.
I don’t have all the background filled in on my adaptation, but this is what it looks like so far.
You wanted bigger pictures so I hope this is better. And now I notice that the tip at the bottom of the design is a stitch off and I will have to redo that. Sigh… I’m using 2 ply on all the background except the black. I use 3 ply. There are still times when a tiny bit of the canvas shows through. I’m also finding it difficult to do large portions of black, even with my Daylight on during the day. I’ll be glad when this section is done tonight so I can go back to other colors for a while. The design here is okay, but the selection of colors isn’t quite right. I’m tempted to pull out the cappuccino and replace it with something lighter. This is the color that alternates with white around the outside of the section with a black background.
1. I had a square cross started on the left and I took it out. It was too close to the inside of its panel. I’ll redo it so it will be centered.
2. I really don’t like the topstitching on the small black bands that border the star band. I’m going to try something a little different on the next band when I start the fourth insert. If I like it better, I’ll redo the other 3 that I have completed.
3. I’m beginning to wonder if I could have improved the colors for this rug. I’m not sure there is enough lighter and darker colors to show up properly on the Peanut Butter background. I don’t feel I should add any colors at this point because the top and the bottom of the rug wouldn’t match. I’ll have to do a better job of selecting colors for the remaining motifs, especially the inserts.
Here is the rug today. I’ll finish the third insert, and start the bands on each side of it next.