Tuesday evening I took out the Capuccino squares on Insert 3 and restitched them in pale yellow silk. They look much better now. Then I finished up the insert by stitching the yellow band across the bottom. With the insert done, I started working on the motifs in the left band and started one on the middle band.
The skein of Peanut Butter Trio I’m using right now doesn’t seem to be covering the canvas very well. I’ll have to start pulling the two ply apart and then thread them through the needle and see if it covers better. It’s even harder to cover the canvas when you have a row of single stitches to compensate around a motif. You can see that it covers well much better with the yellow. When I finish two motifs in the middle band on the right above, I’ll be exactly half way through the rug. I’ll be starting on the black and zigzag bands this weekend so I can do Insert 4 next week. Here’s the whole rug so far.