Moving along nicely right now. I did one more motif on the left side, and two more on the right side (still need one more on that side) and the background around them. Then I started on the second star band. On the left below is the original and on the right is my adaptation.
There are five stars across the band, like the first star band. Then I’m using the same small motifs around them. Here is the band so far.
Next, I will finish the star band, add one more motif on the right side, and then stitch the last of the zigzag bands and small black bands. When that is done I will start on Insert #5. I’m two thirds of way through this rug and starting to look forward to what I will work on next. Planning takes a lot of time and it’s time to start thinking about it and doing some sketches. Here is the rug so far.