Still not a lot of time for stitching this week. But what little time I had I worked on the medallion. I’m working my way around the medallion, stitching the little snakes. The ones that sit straight on the canvas were very easy to figure out and stitched up quickly. But putting them on a slant for the four corners wasn’t easy to figure out. I got one done on scrap canvas so I thought I was ready to go. But when it was time to stitch it on the rug, I decided that it didn’t look very good and was a little too big compared to the others. I kept playing on practice canvas, improving it a little, tearing out most of it and trying it again with minor changes. I think I finally have it figured out. To me, they still aren’t as good as the straight ones, but it’s the best I can do.
The only time for stitching right now is an hour or so each afternoon. I’ll finish the border for the medallion and get a little more background done in navy over the next few days. If I can, I need to keep working on the outer borders up the right side of the rug, which is on the bottom in the photo below.