Let’s start with the medallion. I worked on this Saturday morning, filling in more of the border around the Snake motifs. Then I added a row of Cabernet around the inside of the center motif and then a double row of Bordeaux. I hope to finish the border and the inside of the center motif for the next post.
A question for all of you watching this –
Will the center be okay if I just fill in the area surrounding the center motif with the lightest red?
Or do I need to add a small motif to the surrounding area? I’ve been playing with a Sparrow motif that would point to the area where the the arms of the motif meet.
Depending on your answers, I may do one sparrow to see how it will look and then you can comment a second time.
Saturday afternoon and then again on Sunday, I wanted to watch the football playoffs (American football). Since it is more difficult to work on this large project downstairs, I decided I would only work on the outside borders. As you can see in the photo below, I got quite a bit done. The borders are done all the way up the right side and I’ve got over half of them done on the top of the rug as well. I’ll finish the Twisted Ribbon and Star borders today. Then I’ll be able to start on the first of the Motif bands. Things are moving along a little faster now and I’m happy!
I’m also pleased with this last photo. It’s a very dreary, wet day in Northern California. We expect up to 8 inches of rain by Friday. I worried about taking photos today, but with the new Ott lamp set up beside the new frame, the colors are very true to the colors of the Silk & Ivory.