Yesterday I worked on the third motif row. It was working well, so I added the border across the top when I was half way across the row.
When I was doing my practice stitching on this motif, I did two versions. One with all straight stitches and one with all slanted stitches. When it was time to actually stitch this motif, I did a combination of the two. I liked the arms of this motif done in straight stitches and decided to use that. For the arrow point, I changed to the slanted stitches. When I put the longer stitches around the motif, the arrow point done with straight stitches seemed to disappear under them. So this half and half version works well.
Today I figured I could easily finish this row and take photos to post. I was working away until it dawned on me that I had counted wrong and it wasn’t going to work out at all.
You can see that there isn’t room for another light teal box before the end of the row. I’ve counted this out several times and even took a strand of Silk & Ivory and “basted” across the row and it worked perfectly. When I got half way across, I counted again and it was fine. When it was obvious that it wouldn’t fit as I had planned, I started counting again. Okay, I can’t count this week. I had counted 21 threads for the square and the white stitches in between the squares. It’s 22!! So today I will be ripping out one square at a time and restitching them with ONE thread for the white instead of two. I’ll be back in a couple days after I’ve got this redone correctly. It will be in the 70s all week, so I’ll be outside in the fresh air, pulling out stitches for a few hours. Sigh…