I’ve finally finished the Hooks motif and added most of the divider above it. To avoid having to rip out another motif, I’ve basted above the diverder to verify that the new motif will fit perfectly. Then I started on the other side to actually stitch Motif #5.
The new motif is a variation of the Nose. In other rugs, I used Sprat’s Heads for the Nose, but I wanted something different this time. So I created a framework in the shape of the Nose – seen on the right in the photo below. I then filled in the diamond shapes with Smyrna Crosses. I’m alternating the medium and dark teal for the framework and the darker spring colors for the crosses.
There will 7 of these across the row. I’ll use the teal color from the dividers in between the motifs and then fill in the rest with white, the lightest teal color and the lighter matching color from the crosses. I’ll be back when I have the first side done. I’m stitching about an hour a day now. My hand continues to improve and I hope it will be back to normal in another week.
Here is the rug so far: