I’ve finished the background for the last motif at the bottom of the rug. So I started on the first of the large motifs. You can see that the background color is darker than for the medium motif. The original inspiration for this rug also changed the colors of the background for various areas. I’ve outlined the smaller end of the motif and most of the middle of the motif so far.
I’ve made a couple of decisions now. I want to continue to work on the large motif and get the whole thing done before I move on, so I need to take the canvas off the stretcher bars and move it over so the rest of the canvas will be available for stitching.
The second decision is about the middle narrow band. It’s 14″ to the middle of the canvas and is quite a stretch for my arms. I’ve decided that I will work on one strand of Silk & Ivory each day along the middle band each day to help move that along rather than trying to do several motifs at the same time like I usually do. In the progress photo below, you’ll see that I used my one strand of S&I today to outline the next motif in the middle band.
We’ve had 3 days in a row in the 90s here, so I’m downstairs by 2:00 p.m. I don’t want to work on Safari until the evening, so I’ve been designing a new zellig tile. I’ve done the practice stitching and have the colors selected. In another week or so, I’ll start working on that. By that time, Safari will be done and maybe Mindy will be close to finish as well.