A LOT of background – that’s what I’ve been working on the last couple of days. I added background to the narrow band at the bottom and the middle band. I’ll be able to add another motif for each of those bands over the next couple of days. And I’ve added lots of background around the first end of the large motif.
I didn’t show you the whole rug last time either. I’ve moved the rug over and tacked it down again. Now 6 inches of the canvas hangs over the edge on the side that is already stitched. I don’t want to put tacks into the stitching, so I added lots of tacks at the end just before the stretcher bar that is under the stitching. I don’t want it to move around. But when I put it on the rug frame, I have to have to “knuckle” of the frame hold onto that stretcher bar. The photo below shows the rug so far – and you can see that I still have a lot of canvas to fill in. The bottom right corner doesn’t lay flat because it’s been sitting on the “knuckle”. The photo is also a little dark, though the sun is out (and it’s cooler yesterday and today too).