As I was working down the other side of the rug, I told you how hard it was to reach the middle – a real stretch. So I stitched the small motifs for the middle band and filled in half of the background. Now that I’m on the other side, I’ve decided that I need to get the stretching out of the way as quickly as possible. I start each day stitching some of that background and then move on to the fun part. There were 7 small motifs that needed background. Just over 3 to go.
I’ve completed the 6 plain rows of Mosaic stitch and was happy to get started on the second of the large motifs. As usual, I start by outlining the parts and then I can work on filling in the motifs and the background at the same time.
The outline for the first part of the motif is almost completed and I’ve started outlining the medallion in the middle of the motif as well. So I decided to treat myself to some color! The piece on the left is almost done, only background to go. I’ve started the first of the two diamonds and then decided to stitch the first set of hooks to see how they would look. There are 2 sets of hooks on each of the three long straight sections. As I finish each set of hooks, I’ll be able to fill in background around them. I won’t start on the narrow band along the bottom until the middle band is completed.
I’ll stitch as much as I can over the next few days, because I know there won’t be any stitching done on Friday or Saturday. We have a busy schedule this week. Hopefully, next week will be calmer and more can be accomplished.