I completed the Walneto in the center of this design last week and then forgot to post it for you to see. The standard Walneto stitches go across 12 diagonal threads. I needed something a little bigger. I had to try this out twice until I got the number of spaces for the size I wanted. The first attempt didn’t have the right number of stitches for the points that stick up on the four sides. When I added the stitches going out to the sides, they didn’t meet to form a square. This second attempt still has a few extra stitches along the sides to complete the square. It’s a little off-balance, but I like it this way and will leave it as is. This was stitched with the overdye silk thread from Thread Gatherer.
I’ll continue to fill in other sections now around the center, using DMC floss and Satin Floss. I haven’t had time to work on this all week, but hope to get a little more done by early next week. Here’s how it looks after the first two steps are completed.