While I was stitching the Anatolia piece, I told you I had to scale down the piece because I didn’t have a piece of 13 ct canvas that was big enough for the original design. The motif below is the one I designed to go around the outer edge of the piece, and it proved to be too large for the area.
Since I wasn’t able to use it in the project, I decided to stitch it up on 18 ct canvas using only floss and share it with all of you. I used DMC floss #400 and #402 to stitch the chevrons using Satin Stitches over 6 threads. I used DMC floss #470 to stitch a Scotch Stitch in space formed by the chevrons and #469 to stitch partial Scotch Stitches in the other 4 areas and to stitch the Milanese stitches to form the outer border. Notice that in the middle of each side of the border is a Scotch Stitch – an easy way to change directions when doing Milanese Stitch. I then filled in the background with Blanc floss. I used 4 plies of floss for the entire design. Below is the chart for the design. Enjoy.