In My Wildest Dream by Carolyn Mitchell – Progress 5

I haven’t worked on this for a while, trying to get all the projects done in May. So it’s time to get back to work each Sunday, filling in more of the areas of this design.

I think I mentioned when I started this piece that I didn’t really like doing all of the border before I start on the piece. What if I make a mistake? I won’t want to tear it all out. Anyway, the last few times I worked on this, I worried that there wasn’t enough room for all of the design that I still needed to stitch across the bottom half of the piece. I brought this down last night, pulled out the instructions and the photo of the entire piece as Carolyn had stitched it. You guessed it – I made a mistake in the outside border. Now I have to decide how to continue – tear out two whole borders and part of the two that I’ve already stitched next to? Try to adapt the pattern to fit the border as it is stitched? I’m discouraged and tempted to put it back in the closet and ignore it for right now.

Here is how it looks today after I did 2 more small areas this morning.

41 of the 118 areas are now complete. What would you do?  Tear it out or adapt and keep going? I really don’t want to abandon this. I love the fall colors and how they are working together.

Advertisements

8 responses to “In My Wildest Dream by Carolyn Mitchell – Progress 5

  1. If it was me, I’d redo the border as every time I looked at the design, I would see the mistake.

    Yes, we are a bit of a perfectionist. 🙂

    Cynthia

  2. First, a thank you! I’m now the proud owner of my own copy of this project thanks to you!

    I’m in love with your colors and fell asleep last night trying to decide if I want to follow what you’re doing or find my own way. Still haven’t decided. It may take standing in Needlewoman East looking at the fiber choices for me to decide.

    How big a mistake in the border? One stitch? Ten stitches? I think this might color my decision on what to do. It’s definitely too wonderful to stuff in the back of the closet!

  3. Given the wild nature of the project, I would definitely adapt the design. I feel that my stitching time is precious and in short supply, so I don’t want to do things over.

  4. Adapt, adapt, adapt. This will make your piece an adaptation of the original, and it will become a “JAN” piece instead of a Carolyn Mitchell.
    BTW, I love how it is progressing!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s