It’s been a difficult week for designing. But I’ve finally have everything element working in harmony.
I started doing the background around the motif for the 3rd border on Monday, only to find out that the corner still didn’t work. It was off by one thread of the canvas. So I spent two hours ripping out everything I had done on Saturday morning and Monday morning. No stitching on Tuesday, while I figured out how to correct the problem. Wednesday I started again and decided that I didn’t want to do the whole motif until I found out if the bottom right corner was going to work out. I stitched just the bottom half of the zigzag that forms the diamonds across the bottom and turned the corner at the far right. You know what’s coming don’t you? It was off by one thread of the canvas. But not on Border 3 – It was the Gobelin, Border 1 and Border 3!! More ripping – I did some of it and then restitched just Border 2 to make sure things would work this time. Now everything is working – at last! So here is Border 3 in the left corner all stitched up.
I decided to do the background in Basketweave so the rest of the motif would stand up just a little. The little Scotch and Mosaic stitches in the corner give you a hint of what is to come in the center designs. I think it’s looking pretty good right now. I will continue to work across the row and up the right side a little before I start on the next section. There will be a little design in the corners of the center section and I want to have the borders around that area completed before I go on. Here is the progress so far.