I’ve finished up the right-hand corner now. I worked my way through several rows of background stitching, making minor compensations around the corner design. I wanted to get to the far side of the design before I made decisions about how to handle the actual corner. I finally decided to do 4 Scotch stitches in each direction from the corner to match the left-hand corner. That left 2 threads to be filled in, so I filled it in on the left side like a Cashmere stitch. On the right side, there wasn’t room for full Scotch stitches where the background meets the borders, so again I used a Cashmere stitch. It looks nice and neat all the way around. I again used Mosaic stitches and Tent stitches to fill in the spaces between the actual pattern in the corner.
I’ve also been working on the borders along the right side. They aren’t finished yet, but they are approaching the halfway mark. I’ll have to work on the center design soon so that I can continue the background up to and around it.