I finally finished the first flower corner of the mandala. I did backstitch stems and added lavender beads next to the aqua areas and finished outlining both columns. Moving to the Iris corner, I did Rice Stitches and stylized flowers. The only thing left is to add the light yellow-green crystals inside the Jessica circles – but I can’t do that until all the stitching is done. So this corner is done for now. Only 3 more to go.
This all took a long time – about 3 weeks. I’ll start the second corner now but won’t post about it for a while. Hopefully, it will go a little faster now that I know what has to be done. Here is how it looks so far: