I’ve finished the back of the train station at long last. All but the trees, which I will stitch when the building is fully stitched and then I can stitch and bead them all at the same time so they will look more alike.
I had bought an overdye with lots of green to do the green around the back door. I tried about 5 different stitches and hated the way the overdye looked, no matter what I tried. So I ended up stitching it with a dark green #8 perle cotton the same as the arch above the windows.
To deal with the slanted stitches at the top of the doors, I slanted the Gobelin stitches in gold and brown in opposite directions. Made things so much easier.
I’ve taken the canvas off the stretcher bars and moved the whole piece over about a foot. Now I can work on the first of the narrow sides and start on the front of the station as well. I’ll post the train station again when I have the side finished.