After my last Elephant post, I finished the background around his legs and outlined the legs.
Then I moved to the right and stitched the last motif for this piece.
So I have finally finished my first cross stitch piece. It took 11 months (but you know I’ve been working on a lot of others things at the same time.) It’s 14″ X 14″ on 14 count Aida – a kit from Anchor. I need to improve on top stitching but I’m pleased with this piece. And my husband loves it!
I took the photo right after I took it off the scroll bars so it isn’t the best photo – but I had to share as soon as it was done. (I’ve now lightened it a little so all the motifs are more visible.) I’ll be sure to post again when we have it framed.
Now on to the antique locomotive and the train station. I’m waiting for the threads for the new rug (which is ready to go) so I want to make as much progress as I can on the other projects before the threads arrive.