I’ve been working all over the bottom of the canvas but haven’t finished any section completely. I started below the red cab and filled in the two sections of black and gold. Then I completed all the red and gold Kreinik parts of the wheels. I’ve started stitching one of the wheels, but I’m not sure I like it yet. I did complete the section just to the right of the wheels – all the machine parts done in black, white, and silver Kreinik.
Then, for a change of pace, I switched to the front of the locomotive. All the gold sections are being stitched in three shades of gold Silk Lame Braid. The front is completed but it’s hard to see the engine number 1857. I may need to outline the numbers so they are more visible.
And this is where I’m going to stop for now. This is a large piece on stretcher bars so I’ll put it away for a little while and then get back to it in a few months. Here’s how the entire piece looks right now.