It’s taken a while, but I’ve made some progress on the fractal. Those thin lines took a LONG time – changing threads for every 3-4 stitches. This piece has 60 colors in it and I’ve used at least 35 of them so far. Doesn’t look like it, right? The colors are shaded slightly from one to the next. Now that these thin stripes are done, I’m working on areas at the bottom and the right that are easier and faster to work on. Yesterday I worked on 3 colors on the top, right and did about 75 stitches. Sure is nice to get to one of these larger areas finally.
If you square this piece off with the lowest stitches across the bottom and farthest stitches on the right, you will see that I’m more than halfway through Page 1 of this piece. Since this is a PDF file, I enlarged the pages so they are easier to read and mark as I work. Instead of 6 pages, I have 9 whole pages and 3 half pages. I hope to have Page 1 completed when I show you Gossamer again.