I want to make some ornaments this year so I ordered this second set of ornaments by Laura Perin. She stitched them using Holiday from Watercolors but suggested you could use Camouflage to make a more muted version. So I ordered both Watercolors so I could decide. Here is the first ornament that I’m stitching, done in Laura’s colors.
I decided to use the Camouflage, along with Dark Burgundy, Dark Juniper, and Very Light Sierra Anchor #5 perle cottons. I tried a dark olive green first and it didn’t look well at all. Then to change things just a little more, I decided to use Copper Snow instead of gold ribbon floss and dark red Sprinkles instead of red ribbon floss. I’m about half done now.
The reds aren’t showing up as well as I would like. When I finish this in a couple days, I’ll try for more accuracy in the colors. There are four ornaments in the set and I’ll work on one each month until they are done.