I put this away before my surgery in November 2012. I’ve spent most of my upstairs time last year getting the big Patchwork Rug finished. Now it’s time to bring back the other large projects and start a new rug. So there will be three projects taking turns upstairs this year.
This is what it looked like when I put it away:
I’ve been working on it over the last week and have finished all the gold on the front of the engine. I’ve also completed the first wheel and the section at the very back of the first wheel. The black is Splendor. Everything else is Kreinik braid in different colors and sizes.
I’ll work on the other large wheel over the next week or so. I also want to start the background on the top part of the canvas, since everything across the top is now completed. I have a picture in my head of how this is supposed to look and I hope it works out.