I’ve been working on the second wheel, but took a break the other day to start the background on the top. I decided last year that I would stitch this with a darning pattern – Dots from iStitches, volume 2. I had the wonderful idea of doing those above the smokestack in black and then slowly change to dark, gray, light gray, and then white to represent the smoke. I can’t do lots of smoke above the train because there isn’t a lot of room – I need to leave two inches all the way around for the mat and framing. Now I’m not sure it’s working….
I’ve decided that I need another gray halfway between the dark gray and light gray in the photo above. Maybe that would make it better. I can still work down the right side in white.
I’ll be going to Needle in a Haystack in Alemeda on Feb 4th to shop and have lunch with a friend. In the meantime, I’ll work on the wheels, track, etc at the bottom of the canvas.