I finally finished the dome on the second mosque yesterday and started on the next set of buildings today. Didn’t get very far though. I think I’m the Queen of Miscounting – I had to rip out the section you see in two shades of dark blue because I can’t count to five. I only did 4 rows of the darkest blue and then everything else was off by one row. Now it has been ripped out and redone correctly.
Since this project is moving so slowly, I’ve decided to only post the mandala once a month. The same will probably be true for the Border Rug as well. I’m trying to work on the outlines for the Peru Rug upstairs as well right now, since it’s easier on the larger frame. So the Border Rug is being ignored this week while I try to make some good progress on the Peru Rug.
Here is the whole mandala so far: