I have completed the green parts of the tree this time. I used an overdye floss from Needle Necessities. I used 4 plies with two plies reversed for my stitching. I still got areas that were all light colors and some that were darker colors. So I decided to try something different. I had to do longer slanted stitches going in all different directions in order to do the little needles sticking out around the edges. So I did more slanted stitches on top of the basketweave to break up the areas that were all one color. Here’s how it looks now.
I’m thinking that backstitching around some of the cats will keep them from disappearing into the tree – especially gray, purple, brown and blue ones. I’m going to try it out. I had to order Kreinik to do the background, so I’ll do the ornaments and the cross while I wait. Hopefully I’ll be able to show you the finished ornament by the end of next week.