Thank you all again for helping me get started once again on this project. And thanks to Jennifer from Needlework Plus for finding and shipping over dyed threads that I can use for the background and the triangles down the right side of the design. We settled on Harvest Moon from GAST (Gentle Arts Sampler Threads) for the background and I really like it!
Several people suggested that I start in a more exciting place this time, rather than work on background forever. So I’m starting in the middle of the top with the hat on Father Christmas. Here’s a clip of the section I’ll be working on for a while.
And here is how far I’ve gotten after about 4 hours of work. Not much, but you can see the over dyed thread and the black triangles from the sides of the hat.
I’ve started to fill in a few of the other colors on the left part already and I know it will take a while to get this done. But it will be nice to have a recognizable part of the design done first. I think I got ahead of myself a little on the background though. I think the top point on the hat extends up to the top of the piece and I will have to rip out some stitches to make it fit. I think I’ll work up from the black triangles next Sunday when I get it out again and try to figure that out. The green line going up at the top is the center of the design.
Things are moving along very well now with just one strand of floss at a time. It’s going much faster and I don’t have any trouble filling in colors at all. It’s easy to see where they all go. Yeah!