I’ve finished the first of the three ornaments – sort of. All of the 3 squares have an Amadeus dagger, but they are oriented differently in each one. Here is Square 2 all done. You can see how the daggers stitched in dark teal are facing in different directions.
And this is where I ran out of the Kreinik #4 braid that I was using. It’s a very light green and was used for the Ray stitch on the first square and the crescent hearts on square 2. So I tried a silver for square 3 since it will be on the top and bottom. Might be okay.
Then I read how to sew it all together to make a cube. I have to use the same Kreinik #4 braid to sew it together! Okay, time to order another spool of very light green. But before I did that, I pulled out the threads for the other two color versions I’ll be stitching as well, and ordered another spool of each of those as well. When they arrive, I’ll pull out the silver Ray stitches on this one and redo them. Until then, I’ll get the lavender canvas onto stretcher bars and start working on that one. Hopefully the additional Kreinik will be here by the time I need it for the purple version. If not, I can start on the black and pink version. I won’t be sewing any of them together until I have all 3 done, so I have lots of time.
I’ve been missing needlepoint the last few weeks. I’ve spent a lot of time on cross stitch projects. So I’ve put them away for a couple of weeks (except for Father Christmas tomorrow). So I’m working on these ornaments, the last Jim Wurth ornament, the Border Rug and hopefully this coming week, the Peru Rug. Let’s see how much I can get done by the end of this month.