Hard to believe that 2014 will be over in a few short hours. I didn’t get as much done as I planned, but that’s okay. My major finish was completing the huge Patchwork Rug. I’m really pleased with that as the largest of my 17 finishes for the year.
For 2015, I need to complete 5 WIPs and I have several others on the list for the year as well.
1. The Border Rug – I worked over two hours this morning to finish two more bands on this rug. I would really like to finish it in January. I’ve finished the outer border along the top and will continue that on the bottom next. And I can turn the rug now so the narrow side is across the bottom and it will be easier to do the stitching. Here it is as of today:
2. The Peru Rug – forgotten over the last month. I did the diamonds in the middle and then started stitching 3 more of each stitch in 3 other places on the rug. When that’s done, I’ll do 4 new stitches and then repeat them 3 more times. I need to get back to this and get it done in January as well.
3. Grieg by Dakota Rogers – I started it and will now try to work on it at least once a week so I can get it done. No progress has been made since I first showed it to you.
4. Brenda Stofft’s Santa on a Brown Bear – I started this last year and stopped when I couldn’t get my vision of the edge of the blanket to work out. I’ll try some new things this year and get it stitched and framed before next Christmas.
5. Snowman from Lee NeedleArts – I’ve just started this, but it will be at the top of the list until it is done. I want to see it on the new tote as soon as possible. The background is done and I’ll start on the snowman next.
6. I have the design for the next rug all worked out and it will be a Basketweave project like the Baluchi that I did two years ago. I showed you the rug earlier in the year when I adapted the Persian Nain Rug center into a cross stitch and a needlepoint design (Nain Diamond). I’ll start it soon.
7. Merry Kitty Christmas by Gay Anne Rogers – I have the chart and want to finish this ornament for next Christmas.
8. Baster from Tapestry Fair. I know this has been shown on several blogs over the past year, but I have some ideas of how to stitch mine to set it apart from other versions. (I will not bead the cat!)
9. 3D Cat – artist unknown – I’ve had this canvas since 2000 and I want to stitch it this year. (Trying to stitch things from my stash only this year.) It’s purple, pink and gray and will only be about 5″ tall.
10. Continue work on Ghirardelli Square if I have time.
More might be added as the year goes on. I haven’t decided what ornaments to do for my granddaughters yet – needlepoint or cross stitch, I don’t know.
What plans do you have for 2015?