I haven’t worked on this for a while and decided to pick it up this week and see how far I can get by the end of the month. I’ve been working my way down the right side, below the very large Rhodes stitch that was the start of the body design. I’ve used most of the stitches that Dakota Rogers had in the instructions, but she encourages you to let the design “talk to you” and create as you go. So I’ve been adding some stitches – Diagonal Mosaic, Sprat’s Head, Arrowhead.
I liked the way she stitched the center at the bottom, so I did it her way and changed colors as I went along. I added stair steps in blue/violet on the left side so I can plan where to put some of the larger stitches. Once the larger ones are in, I can start playing with stitches to fill in areas.
The last thing I did last night was the two crescents at the bottom to form a square. I added a Vault stitch inside it. I’ve also started added a border of Mosaic stitches so I can make it a stand-up cat when it’s completed.