I didn’t have as much stitching time this month, especially the first week or so. But I have some progress to report.
1. Persian Iris Mandala – I have the carpet leading to the next mosque about half beaded now and will finish that in June. The mosque is started and I hope it will move along well this month.
2. Norfolk Diligence Sampler – I’ve started the 4th band. There are 5 flowers in the band, so not quite halfway done. And of course there is always the side borders to work on. 3 flowers were added on the left side in May.
3. Chapter House Tile 1 – I’ve moved on to the second quarter of the design and hope that as I stitch it, I’ll find where the error is in the first quarter. Hoping to finish this second quarter this month.
4. Bright Sea Village Express – Didn’t get very far on this. I’m still working on the first side of the car. This month I want to finish this side and go back to the piece on the right, adding the roof of the car.
5. I’ve added another project – another train. I’m stitching a stocking for my husband. It was on the cover of a magazine and I HAD to order it.
I’ve started in the middle of the piece, and have just over half of the middle car – carrying Christmas trees. I’m going to work my way down the stocking and then go back to the middle and work my way up to his name.
Since it’s June already, I also need to get busy on Christmas ornaments and other Christmas projects. I’m sure some of these projects above will get less stitching – but the mandala and the train stocking will get a lot of attention.
The question for the month – Do you find yourself more productive in stitching in the winter or summer? I’m retired and live in Northern California, so I stitch year round. It doesn’t make any difference to me what the season is. I do stitch outside more when the weather is nice in the afternoons (in the 70s) so I’ve been outside most days the last week.