Things are moving along fairly well right now.
Santa’s coat was completed in Brick stitch using a ThreadworX overdye – moving around as the color changed. At the end I had to cut the thread to use just the lighter color to finish it up. The blue mittens were stitched with one strand of Watercolors and one strand of blue Wisper. Then I roughed it up just a little with tape to make it look a little more like wool. I still have the fur trim on the hat and the coat and pants.
Santa’s beard was done with light tan Impressions and Santa’s Beard threads.
The hat was stitched with white and red Splendor, Kreinik braid and then outlined with two strands of pale gray floss to even out the edges a little. The bell on the end of the hat was done in Basketweave using gold Satin Floss from DMC and copper Light Effects from DMC.
Then I decided to try an idea for the tassels. The gold reins for the bear were stitched with Tent stitches along the face of the bear and up to the mittens. From there, I wanted them to be hanging “free” with tassels on the ends. I’ve started one of them. I used the same Kreinik braid as the rest of the reins and tacked it down in a few places with gold Accentuate. I’m using Lazy Daisy stitches to create the tassel, since I can’t cut the threads and fluff them like floss. 3-4 of those stitches have gone through the large gold bead. I need to add more stitches there. When I get it just right, I’ll start on the other one. I will use floss for the two striped tassels.
I still have the little tree to do, the rabbit, and the trim on Santa’s suit. I decided how I want to do the background – White Sparkle Rays, floss and beads. And the final touch will be white Flair – you’ll have to wait for that too. I’d like to finish up by next weekend….