I bought two patterns by Gitta from Canada about 2-3 years ago. I completed the first one last year – Koshka.
I decided to start the second pattern, called Tumak as a fill-in project while I work on the colors and stitches for my new Modern Tile design. It should be ready to go in a couple weeks. (The photo is on a slant because the title page is on shiny paper and it was the only way I could get a mostly decent photo.)
Both of these patterns are stitched on Congress Cloth and are about 6.5″ X 9″. I’ve decided to change the colors since I didn’t want the olive green colors and I wanted to use an overdye in the border. So my inspiration for colors was a project I did about 9-10 years ago called From Molehill to Mountain. My version is shown below.
I showed the very beginning of the border on my Needlepoint Projects for 2016 post about 10 days ago. I’ve continue to work on that border and have now added the edges of the border – done in Gobelin stitch over two rather than in Basketweave. You can see how the colors have changed. I’m using the dark green for all of the outlining for the piece. The background is Anchor 926 (DMC 3866), which is a little lighter than the beige Congress Cloth. All the threads are #8 perle cotton.
Today I decided to outline the first motif so I can have a change of pace from stitching the same thing over and over on the outer border. I’m stitching from my stash as much as possible this year and only had to buy the 3 shades of green to stitch this design.
Once I have the Modern Tile ready to stitch, this will be put away for a while. The goal is to stitch only half of it this year, but you never know…