I haven’t been working on this very often. Still trying to get a handle on it. But here it is so far:
Three flowers have been completed and the background, etc. is completed halfway to the frog. Lots of border work is done, because I wanted to start playing with the bottom part of the center.
I using as much as possible from my stash for this project. Looking at the water on the left side, I decided to try out two Bravo overdyes. I cut out the blue on the lighter overdye on the left and will use it for all the lightest areas. The darker sections will be done with the second Bravo, just as it is. I’m using two plies of the thread. The stitch is the Wave Stitch that I saw on Sheena’s Sweet Stitches blog. I started and ripped several times until I finally got the pattern set up. I think it’s going to be great!
The right side will be done with Hungarian (I think). At the bottom, right you can see that I’ve done a small section, using the Flax ‘n Color at the top. The light gray and brown work well with the painted canvas. I’ll continue up the right side with this thread. Most of this section will continue in Hungarian using the Needle Necessities overdye. I’m thinking that I’ll stitch the green at the bottom with similar colored thread, but that may get too complicated – so we’ll see.
I said I wasn’t in a hurry to get this one done, and I only work on it 1-2 hours a week. You probably won’t see it again for a month or two.