Moroccan Stocking 2 – Progress 1

I’ve finally started the second of the Moroccan Stockings – this one for my middle son. I’m using copper and various shades of blue for this one.

M Stocking 1

I’m using Pepper Pot silk, Splendor, Vineyard silk, and lots of metallics (Kreinik, Fyre Werks, Silk Lame, etc.) to add lots of colors and sparkle.

These two bands are from my Blue Rug – the first rug I designed and stitched. But I’m using 18 ct rather than the original 13 ct. I haven’t quite finish the toe area. I was getting tired of Scotch stitches last night and didn’t get it done. I’ll finish that tonight and start on the next band, which is an easy one.

That first band across the widest part of the foot took a long time. I’d forgotten how I had done the white outlines for the Rhodes stitches. Looking back, I’m surprised at how difficult some of the motifs were on that Bllue Rug. I just knew I didn’t want to have to try and chart it out.

I had hoped to have this done this month, but I won’t make it. So I’m aiming for mid-May for a finish.

Advertisements

5 responses to “Moroccan Stocking 2 – Progress 1

  1. I though the last stocking was pretty, but this is even better – awesome colour combination and great work!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s