With just 1-2 hours to work on this each week, progress is slow. I wanted to see how my idea of overdyes of different colors would work for the ground around the purple heron’s feet. I had just started it last time you saw the canvas. It’s about half done now, using the Hungarian stitch for the whole area. The gray/brown thread is Flax n Color. The olive overdye is an Anchor variegated thread. The multi-color one is an old Needle Necessities floss. All of them from my stash.
I think I need to decide how to stitch the feet before I finish the section around the feet.
I also finished the left side of the bottom border. Now to figure out that frog.
I don’t know how much time I’ll have for this after this month. The new rug is scheduled to begin on June 1st. But I’ll find a few hours here and here.