I finally got the first corner on the mandala done and started on the second one.
I’ve brightened up the photo a little but you still can’t see the purple iris in the corner very well. The little flowers are quick to do – just a single strand of silk for each part. There were over 40 different threads on this piece, but I’m down to only 10 now plus 2 of the gold threads. I ran into a snag on the second corner and I can’t find my mistake. So I need to start with that problem first on Monday morning and then continue to fill in. I have the four colors to the left and right edges and the little “knot” at the corner. The mistake is in that diagonal gold line that joins the other two multi-colored lines to form the triangle. I hope to get that second corner done by Wed. Fingers crossed.