I haven’t completed a lot on this project since last time I showed it to you. For the last week I’ve been trying to overcome my inability to count correctly in order to make progress. LOL
I did the narrow ribbon floss section without any problem. I did the new border on the left over several evenings. But those two trees got stitched and ripped out 3 times! I finally got them done correctly and the cabin too, and then discovered that I had stitched them 10 threads lower that they are on the chart. So out they came again. So this section is only half done right now.
Tonight I’ll finish the cabin and start on the new border on the right side. Maybe tomorrow I can get the other two trees done on the first try. Then there is the grass to stitch below them – half #5 perle cotton and half ribbon floss. I’ll post again when that much is done.
Then it will be time to take it off the stretcher bars and move it so I can do the bottom half of the project. So I am making progress – slowly.
I’ve also had to deal with computer problems over the last week. I wasn’t able to do anything on the computer since the weekend – constant messages about being out of application memory. We tried everything we could think of (including downloading a clean copy of the operating system) and nothing helped. So yesterday we went off to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and came home a half hour later with a fully functioning computer. No viruses – but malware was discovered and dealt with. Whew!!!!
Now, happily, I’m back to stitching.