This is Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco. I only posted about it once – in February 2014. Here’s what it looked like then:
I had stitched the top of the gazebo, the small wall above it, and the striped awning. I had a tiny bit of the tree done as well. Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve worked on it about 10-12 hours. Here’s where I am now.
I’m using simple stitches – mostly Basketweave, Slanted Gobelin, and Nobuko. And I’m keeping the threads simple too – no threads that need to be plied or laid. I’m using Vineyard Silk and I bought most of the colors right after I got the canvas. Any colors I’m missing are being pulled from my stash of Pepper Pot Silk. So far there are only two exceptions -one is the silver that I’ve started on the gazebo – it’s El Molino rayon and is the same thickness as the silks. I didn’t have time to finish all the silver on the gazebo this morning, so it will get done next Monday. The other exception is yellow Water n’ Ice for the light on the pole beside the gazebo. I don’t like how it looks right now, so I think I’ll pull it out and redo it.
That tree is taking forever – tiny leaf stitch that is stitched in every direction to get the branches done that stick out everywhere.
I want to finish all the parts below the steeple and then scroll up to work on the other half. I’m hoping to have this first half done by the end of the month.
I’ll take a break each week to work on the Purple Heron on Fridays and Saturdays starting this week.