I wanted to have the bottom half of this done by the end of the month, and I almost made it. LOL
On the left side, I completed all the building sections on the bottom half of the canvas. The plants in front of the brick wall were stitched with French Knots in Pepper Pot silk. The windows were all stitched with Nobuko. The lightest blue is Pepper Pot silk and the other two blues are Vineyard silk.
On the right side, the big tree is completed using a tiny leaf stitch. I wanted to finish the lower half the this building by the end of the month and didn’t make that goal. I finished the windows and wall, etc. at the bottom, but only just started on this section. I did the small section of wall in Cashmere stitch using the same Vineyard silk as the small wall on the left section. I couldn’t do French Knots for the plants this time because there is a small iron railing that needs to go over the stitching. The plants are being stitched in Diagonal Mosaic using Pepper Pot silk. And I couldn’t resist trying a little of the railing to see how it would look. I’m using black #12 perle cotton for that. I think the railing will look a little better when it’s up against the peachy color of the building.
And here is the whole piece so far:
Next week I’ll continue stitching the building on the right and then move over to the left side. I need to decide on a stitch for the sky, since there is a tiny strip of blue on the left. The other 3 large trees on the left side will also be stitched using the tiny leaf stitch – some in Pepper Pot silk and some in Vineyard silk. I am sooooo enjoying stitching on this.