For two weeks now, I’ve had little time in the mornings for stitching. Things are settling down now though. The few mornings that were available, I worked exclusively on this project. I’ve decided to get it done and then go back to the Purple Heron.
The buildings in the middle are completed and both trees in that area are also done. Whew! Only that small, dark green tree on the left to go (getting tired of small leaf stitches).
I had started the sky using a light blue Vineyard Silk and ripped it out. I only have two skeins and the odds of getting matching thread after 3 years seems slim. So back to the stash – I have a lot of skeins of a light aqua floss that will look good – and I can use just 3 plies to give it a lighter touch for the stitching. I’m using Woven stitch (from iStitches Vol. 1 by Ruth Schmuff). I’m using very long strands so I can get across the whole canvas twice before I have to start a new thread.
I’ve started stitching the top of the clock tower so I can continue to work on the sky each day. I’ll also have to do some of the Ghiradelli sign before I get to that part of the sky. The very light lines on the canvas (to hold up the sign) will be stitched with #8 perle cotton. The letters will be stitched with black Pepper Pot Silk.
Hopefully, I can get this finished in June and move on to other things.