I’m back to my regular projects now. I haven’t worked on this for two weeks, so it obviously won’t be done this month.
Since the last band is also a large one and starts on the page with the bottom of the manor house and then on to the whole last page, I’ve decided to break things up a little. I’m going across the top of the band, working on the smaller motifs first. This still means I have to switch back and forth between two pages, but it’s working okay so far.
Page 7 has the crown and the bird’s head and the top two colors of the tree. The rest of the bird and tree are on Page 9. This is what I’ve completed since Sunday. I’m also working on the side border a little each day. When this much of the last border is done, I’ll be back to show you. There are several more kinds of motifs in this row that I need to figure out.
The bottom of the last band is 5 octagon medallions – 4 of which have designs done over 1 on this piece of 40 ct. linen. The words that were stitched months ago took a long time and this will be no different. I’m already having a little trouble working on the 40 ct. with over 2 stitches. I guess this is the last thing I’ll stitch on this count of fabric.