I love it when a plan comes together! I needed another way to stitch the sky behind all those rigging lines. It was making me ignore the canvas completely. After a month of not stitching on it, a plan began to form.
I finished all the masts down to the next level and then added the rigging lines, LONG lines. I started below the next cross beam and went up one line and then down another line, leaving long threads hanging off the bottom of the canvas. When all the rigging lines were in place all the way across, I started working on the sky by pulling all the lines on the left side up a little and moving them out of the way.
This made it very easy to get all the sky stitched without the hassle of all those threads in the way. When the section of sky behind the rigging was completed (all done this morning), I just pulled the threads at the bottom and it’s all done!
You can see that some of the threads are still pulled a little in the middle. I’ve left the hanging threads quite long because I don’t know where these rigging lines go next. I’m hoping that I have enough thread to finish them up when I scroll the piece up.
Next Friday and Saturday I’ll move all the threads from the middle and the right side and get all that sky stitched. Then it will be on to the rest of the sky, which will move quickly.
I haven’t looked at the photo of the whole piece in quite a while, so I’m looking forward to scrolling the canvas up and seeing what else needs to be done. I can see the beginning of the actual boat at the very bottom. I think that is the beginning of the Poop Deck.